Faith and fear are enormously powerful. Darkness versus The Light. Good versus evil. Both can change the trajectory of your life. Both can bend your today and break your tomorrow. Fear and faith won’t operate in the same space. You must let one go for the other one to be activated.
I have met people who are so overcome by fear that they don’t want to leave their home. I have met people who are so faith-filled and free that they are willing to go to any destination anywhere in the world for the cause of Christ. I have known people who can’t move past their hurt for fear of not being the victim anymore. I have met people who have forgiven their abuser by faith and have soared to great heights with Christ.
One takes you somewhere. The other takes you nowhere. One of them holds the key to the rest of your life.
Faith over fear
God stirs faith and faith grows the best of God in you. Faith sets you free. Faith is a gift. Faith is a fragrant blossom of the Holy Spirit and a fruit of the Spirit of God. Faith always leads you into The Light. Faith ignites freedom. Faith is invigorating. Faith postures you for creativity processed by the Creator.
Faith sees things in color. Faith springs forth optimism. Faith challenges you. Faith motivates you. Faith rises when needed. Faith allows you to please God. Faith moves you from where you are to where God wants you to be. Faith lets you go. Faith not only opens the door, but it takes the door off the hinges.
Faith sits down with you when asked. Faith explores the unknown courageously. Faith helps. Faith serves. Faith believes. Faith grows trust in God. Faith is a road that you cannot see with your eyes. Faith moves forward anyway. Faith moves mountains!
Fear over faith
Satan stirs fear. Fear grows the worst fleshly encounters in you. Fear paralyzes you. Fear is a spirit. Fear traps you. Fear cunningly escorts you further into darkness. Fear deceives. Fear is relentless. Fear lies to you: “If they know the truth about you, they won’t love you anymore.”
Fear keeps you on the rat wheel of sin. Fear’s talons keep you in the same place for a very long time. Fear silences your voice. Fear is a joy stealer, faith killer, and dictator that only sees the negative in any situation.
Fear offers a false peace that is harshly isolating. Fear is evil with a wicked smile. Fear tries to explode God’s way. Fear doesn’t trust. Fear is a thief. Fear is a counterfeit for everything God holds good. Fear wants every one of your secret sins to stay hidden. No light allowed in a fear-driven world. Fear is hopeless. Fear can spiral you to death.
Which will you choose?
You have two choices. Will faith or fear be your guest? May you always desire to unlock a door toward a faith-based life. A faith-based life allows you to “live while you are living.” You may be tired from just “existing” out of fear. It’s been long enough, and fear has worn you out. You finally see that you can’t, but God can. You need the refreshment of peace for your soul that only God can bless you with.
The opposite of faith is mistrust. When there is mistrust, there is usually fear. The opposite of fear is peace. When one has faith, one usually has peace.
Truth can grow a peaceful, faith-filled walk with Christ:
- It takes a little faith to move you in the right direction! “For truly I tell you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you.” Matthew 17:20-21
- Embrace God’s equipping power of love and self-control! “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
- When God is in control, He leads the way! “For we walk by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
- Freedom is a beautiful thing! “I sought the Lord, and He answered me; He delivered me from all my fears.” Psalm 34:4
- Trials grow you in Christ! “Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” James 1:3
- God wants to console you! “When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” Psalm 94:19
- As a born-again child of the Most High God you can be an overcomer! “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” 1 John 5:4
- Choose faith anyway, despite your circumstance! “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you, He will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
- Having faith in Jesus Christ is like breathing! “For in the gospel, the righteousness of God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written; ‘The righteous will live by faith.’” Romans 1:17
If you have been personally tormented by fear, here is a prayer for you:
Father, I need your help. I have been bitterly tormented by fear. I have lost sleep over (insert your own struggle). I am so thankful that you already know. I want to begin “living” my life afresh and anew with you showing me the way. Increase my faith, Lord. Help me with my unbelief and apply your anointing in every area in which I have doubted you. Thank you for meeting me in my struggle and heartache. Thank you for understanding my desperation and hopelessness. Take this fear from me in Jesus’ name. Replace it with your Holy Spirit and your life-giving power. Move me from where I am spiritually and grow me into a deeper, stronger believer in You. Replace my hopelessness with hope. Replace every square inch of who I am with You. You are my portion. You are enough. I desire to have faith that could move a mountain. I desire to have faith that is strong in You. I lay all of this at your feet as an offering of trust. In Jesus’ name, amen.