If you still haven't chosen a healthcare solution for 2017, then you may be concerned about the individual shared responsibility payment (sometimes referred to as a "penalty") and what it means for you. Here's what you need to know:
1. The fee for not carrying healthcare coverage is calculated in one of two ways:
- 2.5% of household income (a maximum applies), or
- a per person flat rate with a maximum penalty of $2,085, whichever of the two is greater
This fee is prorated for the number of months you were without minimum essential coverage.
2. So long as your gap in coverage has not exceeded two months, you may claim an exemption from the penalty. To further clarify, you are considered covered for any month you have minimal essential coverage for at least one day.
3. You have an affordable, Biblical healthcare choice, and it's not too late to apply! Medi-Share is not insurance, but is still compliant with the Affordable Care Act. This means you won't get fined by the government for not having insurance if you join the Medi-Share family.
For more than 23 years, members of the Medi-Share program have shared one another's medical bills. Today, there are more than 220,000 members, and more than $1 billion dollars in medical bills have been shared.
To join our community of members, click the link below.